Monday, most definitely a day of two halves. I’d made the rare decision to take the car to work this morning, only on the basis that I needed to join friends after work for a meal, as a colleague was leaving at the end of this week for a new job in a different part of the country. It was a guy I’d known for about 19 years and I wanted to be a part of his send off. Initially we had a table booked at TGI Fridays, but due to kitchen problems they closed before I had even got there, and so I met everyone at a restaurant called the Garden House. This is somewhere I have been to for food twice before, and had a poor experience both times, regardless of everyone I have ever spoken to about it saying what a fantastic place it is. This time there was still an hours wait between ordering and food actually arriving. I can safely say that the food was food, although I wouldn’t go as far as to say it was great. Would I go back again? Well, the prices were reasonable, and the portions were large, but I really don’t like having to wait almost an hour, in an almost empty restaurant, for nothing more exciting than standard fish and chips! I guess if the food was poor, then I’d never go back, and considering I have never been there through choice, I’m unlikely to make the decision to go there in the future either. I’ve only ever been as a result of being part of a group that have decided to go, and that may well be the case yet again in the future! Regardless, when my food was finished, I decided to say my goodbyes and leave. I was keen to get home and see my little princess before she went to bed, and its a good job I did, as I could feel something not quite right. I had literally been surrounded by germs all day long, its an unavoidable part of working in a school, but most of the kids had been coughing all day long without covering their mouths and now I was starting to feel ill. It had come on quite quickly, and just a couple of hours later I was curled up on the sofa feeling like death, cold, aching and with no energy at all… and that cough, oh that cough! It felt like I was trying to force my lungs out of my body through my throat! It is a common fact that I am not one for an early night, in fact being in bed before 11pm is virtually unheard of, so for me to be turning in by 9:45pm was fairly significant. I knew there was every chance that Olivia would be up in the middle of the night yet again, so I guess I had to prepare myself for it to happen!


About andrewvokes

Husband to my beautiful wife Clare, and father to two gorgeous girls. Cyclist, runner and photographer, living in Birmingham, UK.

Posted on December 16, 2014, in 365 project, Personal, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.

  1. This photo is stunning! I hope you’re feeling better!


Please, share your thoughts...

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: