365 project, Personal, Photography


A slightly emotional start to Tuesday. With Clare getting ready for work it was down to me to get Olivia ready and off to nursery, although we all left the house at the same time and walked together as Clare headed to the bus stop. It was a nice way to start the day leaving the house at the same time and walking in the autumn sunshine. As the nursery is very close to the bus stop, Clare always drops Olivia at nursery on her way to work, so today was the first time for me, and I was a little aware of how Olivia hasn’t been herself and has been very clingy for the last couple of days, on top of the fact that she is a real daddys girl, there’s no doubting that, and is much more likely to react when I put her down and try and leave. Sadly, this prophecy became true and we had the tears and screaming that I anticipated, a first for her at nursery as normally she is quite happy when her mom drops her off. It was a tough one, I knew that a cuddle would fix everything instantely, and thats all she wanted, but it was a short term solution and not likely to do much good in the long term… but, was it just the fact that she still wasn’t feeling herself?? Oh what to do!? The nursery staff did a great job of trying to comfort and distract her, it was enough for me to try and sneak out of there, although I did have to phone them an hour later just to check she was okay and had settled down. It certainly did tug at the heart strings though, and for a moment I was completely torn, I just didn’t know what to do for the best. I was off work all day and knew that in reality I didn’t actually have to leave her there, which didn’t help, but I knew she’d love it when she was there, and I had to carry on putting down loft panels, which I knew would take all day. In the end it all worked out and she was fine, and I even got a few loft panels down.

The only other consideration was my evening jujitsu class, which I really wasn’t in the mood for, and I am still considering at least taking a break from for a couple of months. I made it there in the end tonight, although with Olivia still not herself and me not feeling really feeling it this evening, I’d left it to the last possible minute to leave the house. It was fun, and we were pushed hard, but I didn’t have the energy for it and was glad to be home. Its got to that time of year when its not only dark when I leave, but also dark when I get there too, which doesn’t seem to help, but I quickly grabbed todays shot on the way out.


Please, share your thoughts...

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s